Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Belly Project | Week 25

In attempt to capture my growing belly have been thwarted by several forces - one of which is packing  for an upcoming move to a bigger house. 

Kind of a bittersweet goodbye to this house of 8 years (amazing how much STUFF you accumulate over time).  So many memories were made here: from hosting dinner parties, to pacing up and down the hardwoods with a newborn over the shoulder, to reading goodnight stories in the nursery rocking chair, to toddlers jumping on our bed, laughing hysterically.

As the packed boxes pile up and framed photographs are taken down, this place is starting to feel weird and uncomfortable for all of us (even the dog).

Instead of waiting for the chaos of moving to subside, I decided to use a few tools to set up some shots on our porch and in a rare vacant corner of our living room.  A camera, a tripod, a remote shutter release... and someone to push the shutter release. So, I entrusted this task to my eager snap-happy children.

All of these images were taken by either my 3-year-old or my 6-year-old.

It went something like this:

CLICK...
"Logan, that's enough for now"
CLICK...
"Okay, time to give Avery a turn"
CLICK, CLICK, CLICK...

I will cherish these.  Someday,  their younger sibling will too.



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Stefanie! They are both looking forward to being my "assistants"!

      Delete
  2. This really is amazing! I love the one of Logan looking up, kissing the air. :) I'm thinking of you as you go through this HUGE change. I apologize for my marathon message I left the other day. We'll catch up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liking the update, nice to hear your moving to. were moving soon after christmas as needing a bigger house to. loving the pics.

    ReplyDelete