Thursday, April 10, 2014

Keepin' It Real | Charleston Lifestyle Newborn, Child & Family Photographer |


What drives my creative side most is capturing real moments.  
Unscripted. 
Off the cuff. 
An amazing moment happens before me and I am fortunate enough to be there with my camera ready. Or - I stalked, like a primal huntress, holding up my heaviest telephoto lens for what seemed like an hour until the anticipated movement or gesture happened. It happened and I got it
Simply one of the best feelings in the world.
Sometimes I know it right away. Other times, I catch a moment serendipitously. 
Either way, real moments happen everyday - and when they are caught on camera, it is simply magic.

Today marks the first in a new monthly blog series, "Keepin' it Real." I am joining some talented lifestyle photographers from all over the US and Canada (all fellow Pinkle Toes Workshop alums) in a quest to share our favorite "real" moments from the past month. Unfortunately, I did not prepare photos of my own family for this months edition (epic mommy fail). However, this is my reality. I strive to capture more of the everyday moments with my own kids. This project will motivate me to do so on a regular basis... at least that is my hope.

Nonetheless, this month there were several moments that screamed "real" to me. So here they are -  my top 6 "real" moments of March 2014
I hope you enjoy!

1. Flying baby


2. Dog crashes lifestyle newborn session


3. Pre-recital hairspray (Ballet Academy of Charleston - The Rainbow Fish Ballet Performance)


4. Escaping toddler (notice the cracker dad is trying to use to bait him)


5.  Victory (a glorious moment during the rehearsal of the Listen to Your Mother Show - Charleston, coming up on May 4th).








6. The Hairstylist

For more "Keepin' It Real" moments, head on over to the blog by 
Kelly Kuntz Photography
Kelly is an awesome lifestyle family photographer in Bozeman, Montana! 

4 comments:

  1. Love the dog photo bomb! So funny. Great images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! The escaping toddler is a staple of my everyday... as well as the hairstylist! Thanks for sharing them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun take on our them, Jody! Love it! Especially the escaping toddler with the bribe waiting in dad's hand. We've all seen that!

    ReplyDelete